For details visit www.bedfordaudubon.org or call Janelle at 914.232.1999 with questions and to register. Space is limited, so sign up soon to reserve your place!
Yearning to get your hands dirty, but no time or room for a garden of your own?
Join the Bird Friendly Vegetable Garden at Bedford Audubon’s Bylane Farm and enjoy fresh veggies, flowers, and herbs all season long!
Novice and seasoned gardeners alike are welcomed to help us start seeds, plant, maintain, and enjoy the season-long abundance of the Garden. Gardeners tend more than 25 beds together at Bedford Audubon’s Bylane Farm in Katonah, where we raise a wide variety of produce for take home by Garden members and for the food bank at the Northern Westchester Community Center. The season starts in March with indoor seed sowing, by April we’re in the Garden, and we’re harvesting greens and herbs in May!
Membership includes 20 hands-on workshops led by Master Gardener Cathy Clare on garden design, composting, companion planting, and pesticide-free methods of cultivation that are good for people and the environment. Two sessions are available: Mondays 9:30-11:30am and Saturdays 10am-12pm, starting the week of April 2nd.
Bird Friendly Vegetable Garden Supporter Benefits ($100 per household)
- Annual Membership to Bedford Audubon Society.
- Receive Bedford Audubon Society’s quarterly Newsletter and weekly Email Blasts.
- Access to weekly photo and instructional blog for gardening and cooking at home.
- Share in herbs and cut flowers from the garden.
- Participate in weekly hands-on workshops and gardening instruction.
- Share in fruits and vegetables from the garden.
follow KatonahGreen on Twitter @katonahgreen
read the blog! www.KatonahGreen.com
join the conversation on Facebook
meetup with other local greenies in person Meetup