On Monday, September 7th, from 2-4pm, Katonah Green, with Slow Food Westchester, will host an EAT-IN in support of the NATIONAL DAY OF ACTION to get better lunches in schools. RSVP HERE
This is free and open to the public! Bring friends, family, neighbors and a dish to share. The idea is to gather enough attention nationally that congress and our legislators will take notice that people care about what our kids eat at school. There are over 250 Eat-Ins happening nationally, the same day!
We'll be meeting and eating from 2-4 on Monday, September 7th at the First Presbyterian Church lawn.
What to Bring:
For last names from A-F, bring a a veggie salad.
Veggie salads can be a green leafy salad, or a cucumber-dill salad, or shredded carrots and cabbage--be creative!
For last names from G-S, please bring a seasonal entree reflecting the abundance of our local farms and gardens, for example:
- your favorite chili,
- simple pasta with fresh tomato sauce,
- corn on the cob,
- steamed local potatoes,
- potato salad with fresh dill and chives,
- grilled local sausage from a farmer's market,
- grass-fed beef burgers,
- grilled portabella mushrooms and red peppers,
- local cheeses and fresh bread
- your own favorite entree made with fresh local ingredients!
For last names from T-W, please bring a dessert reflecting the abundance of our local farms and gardens, for example:
- fresh berries from Amawalk farm, or foraged on the BRLA
- fresh melon from the local markets
- fresh whipped cream (yum!)
- zucchini bread (ask people, they are likely to have loads of zucchini right now!)
This is a carry-in, carry out event, and we will need to bring plates, cutlery, and serving utensils. My mission is to have only compostable waste, so my suggestion is to bring real plates, or biodegradable plates (available at TABLE Local Market in Bedford Hills, or at CVS in Ridgefield)
CHECK BACK HERE FOR UPDATES. IF YOU HAVE A GROUP OR BUSINESS THAT WOULD LIKE TO SPONSOR THIS EVENT, OR AN EMAIL LIST THAT YOU COULD PROMOTE THIS TOO, PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP at 914-763-0474!
WE NEED YOU!! Call 914-763-0474 to participate, or email me editor [@] katonahgreen.com (remove the brackets, this helps me control spam)